Looking for an alternative to your regular hotel room stay when you are visiting Saint John, New Brunswick? Chipman Hill Suites offers you a home away from home experience and it is steps away from all the action in the harbour and downtown. Chipman Hill isn’t a Saint John hotel or Bed & Breakfast. It is a hybrid that takes the best of both and offers you the chance to sleep in an historic part of Saint John in buildings that date back to as early as 1860. Just because you are travelling doesn’t mean you can’t have the creature comforts you are used to when you are visiting Saint John. Besides, all you have to do is take a stroll down the street and you are surrounded by plenty of great dining options.
I should state that this is not my first visit and stay at the Chipman Hill Suites. When I visited New Brunswick for the first time back in 2015 the first place I called home in Saint John was the Chipman Hill Suites. Back then I booked myself a small room with just enough room for a bed, small table, private bathroom and a tiny kitchenette. I didn’t need much as I was spending almost 12+ hours a day out and about exploring.
This visit I’m just as busy but I’ve been upgraded. Big time!
As you can see from the unrooming video above I had an entire apartment to myself. But let’s talk about some of the features you can’t see in the video, some of which make this a unique Saint John hotel alternative.
- 10 buildings make up Chipman Hill Suites and each building has its own private entrance.
- Room sizes vary from bachelor suites, like I had in 2015, to 3 bedroom 3 bath units.
- WiFi is included with every stay, and it is a very reasonable speed.
- There is no breakfast served at this B&B, however, every unit has a kitchenette so you are welcome to make your own meals in your room.
- Each building has complimentary self-serve laundry facilities available for guests.
- Location, location, location. Walk a block and you are at the intersection of Prince William and King Street, the gateway to #SaintAwesome i.e. amazing restaurants and waterfront
The photo above is from my stay in 2015 and is just two of the ten buildings that make up Chipman Hill Suites.
Twice now I’ve enjoyed my time here and I hope when you are researching your Saint John hotel options I hope you consider Chipman Hill Suites as an alternative that just may suit your needs. Short term or long stay visits it may be the right choice for you.